Thursday, December 22, 2011

Letters to Mei-Mei July-September 2011

Monday, July 25, 2011
Dear Mei-Mei,

Yesterday, Daddy and I went to see the bishop and talk to him about you.  He asked us questions to make sure we'd thought about finances, emotional and spiritual health, and that we had prayed about our decision to adopt.  We had a wonderful discussion, and told him that we have been praying as a family and at the temple.  The Lord has told us to keep going forward - for only when we are moving can he guide our steps.  Our path has shifted greatly from where it started, but I am so glad that it is leading us to you.

Love, Muqin

PS - This evening, your big brother Erik was flipping through books about China, pointing to any young female and calling her "Mei-Mei", and pointing at Mao and saying "No! No!"  Way cute.



July 29, 2011
Dear Mei-Mei,
I talked to CCAI today.  [Chinese Children Adoption International]  We discussed the Chinese government requirements for adoption and they said we are eligible.  I am so happy I could fly!  We are coming for you soon, my sweet daughter.
Be safe until we meet.



August 31, 2011
Dear Mei-Mei,
Last night, Fuqin and I sent in our Family Information Sheet and Medical Conditions Checklist to CCAI.  We are now on the waiting list for you.  If averages hold in our case, we will be matched with you between March 2012 and September 2012.  We are still not beginning our home study until January so that we have time to save up some money for the first phase, but I can work on other things, like parts of the application.


*Note: I have to edit these somewhat because we are not permitted to discuss specifics about a child's profile in an online setting until we have accepted them and been approved to adopt them.*
September 1, 2011
Dear Mei-Mei,
Did I see you today? There is an angel on my computer screen.  The new waiting child profiles were posted and there is [wonderful, perfect little girl whose info I have removed from here...]  I called Fuqin, then called and asked great Grandma and Grandpa Spain for a loan to start the home study right away.  When I talked to Pam Rodriguez at CCAI, she put us on the interested list, but warned us that there are about 20 families ahead of us.  Wow.
It seems like such a long-shot that 20 families would look at a perfect baby's profile and not adopt her, but I have to hope.  I have to believe that if that baby is meant to be my little girl, it will happen.  If not, I wish her a wonderful family and I hope we will find another situation that is that good of a match for us.  I know that whatever happens will be right and that you will be my perfect-for-us baby girl!
I love you, Mei-Mei!  I hope we will see you soon.
Love, Muqin

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm a mother of 4 looking to bring a 5th child home via adoption through China. I have some questions I'd love to ask you about your experience. My email address is aaknits@yahoo.com if you're willing to communicate with me through email.
    Thanks! Amy

    ReplyDelete